When I first started blogging back in 2007, there wasn't much around to be able to learn about blogging. It hadn't exactly made the mainstream by that point, so I was flying blind! I also didn't even really know what blogging was, but that's a whole other story! Accidental blogger, that's me!
These days it's easy to get lost in the huge amount of blogs about blogging, so I thought I'd put together my top five go to blogs when I'm needing some helpful tips and inspiration.
- The Nectar Collective: A recent find, I love Melyssa's style. For starters her blog is beautiful, and on top she has really well thought out posts about all aspects of blogging, from handling your social media (she's a Pinterest pro!), to monthly income reports where she details how she earns a living using her blog.
- Elle & Co: Lauren is a graphic designer by trade who specialises in Squarespace. In fact, her posts on switching over from Wordpress are what inspired me to do the same. She writes really practical and in depth guides about blogging, SEO, social media, and her branding is on point!
- By Regina: I swear to God, this woman is a freaking machine when it comes to content creation! She is, by her own definition, an infopreneur (someone who makes money using their knowledge and information), and has amazingly insightful articles ranging from how to start a blog to taking it to the pro level.
- The Dexterous Diva: I've been a long time fan of Jo's blog, and have been following her for a good couple of years now. She is passionate, fun, and has managed to build an empire while also being a mama of twins, and living with a chronic illness.
Jo's posts tend to have a lot of helpful hints about how to manage your time as efficiently as possible, and is a big believer in sharing her knowledge on being a solopreneur as an amazing blogger and business coach.
- Problogger: I don't think *any* blogs-about-blogging list would be complete without the big daddy of all blogs, Darren Rowse. His was one of the only blogs about back when I first started, and his content continues to deliver amazing value and information that's constantly up to date.
So that's my list!
Each of these blogs has been instrumental in my blogging life. I hope they continue to be as awesome as they are, because seriously, there should be a price tag on the information they give away!
I'm always on the look out for new blogs to add to my list so tell me: what are your favourite blogs about blogging?