After getting so many comments on my first post (thanks y'all!), I figured I should update you on the plugins that I've added to the site over the last 12 hours, so here's a list, in the order I installed them.
- FD Feedburner Plugin. The first thing you should always set up on a new blog, a feed. I like using Feedburner, and this way I don't need to add any extra buttons as this plugin redirects the site's main feed to Feedburner.
- Akismet. Who doesn't love akismet, right? No spammers here so far! Except maybe Dech...
- Wordpress.com Stats. Who doesn't like to see how popular they are? I love this stats plugin, gives me at-a-glance info as soon as I'm on my Dashboard.
- Sociable. Share the love people! Nuff said.
- Contact Form 7 and Really Simple Captcha. Great lil combo for my contact page, and very easy to set up. Just the way I like it. ;)
- CommentLuv. I like to see what you guys have been up to, and a lil link-love always helps the blogosphere to go round, don't you think?
- Bad Behavior. I'm not entirely sure what it does (stops spambots access the php version of the site so I'm told), but there's a nice lil ticker in my footer telling me it's already blocked attempts at whatever it is that it stops. (FYI - you're spellin it WRONG! Behaviour - get it right!).
- Ultimate Google Analytics. Nice easy lil plugin that adds the analytics code to my site. Gotta love looking at stats, right?
- Edit Comments. Does what it says on the tin, I hope. Let me know how it goes - can you edit your comments after writing them now (DECH!)?
- TweetMeme. I've seen this on a few sites and kept meaning to try it out. Yay for re-tweets! Thanks to Valdesta for the reminder on this one.
- Twitter Tools. No site is complete without my inane twitterings. I mean really, of course you want to know when I have my milk and cookies. Right?
- Thesis OpenHook. Awesome for adding hooks to my thesis theme. Not that I've added anything to it yet, but I will. Watch this space!
And that's what I've done today. Makes me feel all productive. LOL
I'd forgotten about all the maintenance we go through when setting up a blog. It's been almost 2 years and this time around I actually have half a clue as to what I'm doing. That's gotta be something, right?
What should I do next? *ponders* Maybe funk up the sidebar a bit, add some links, or tell you about my jaunt into learning a few choice words in Dutch?
Give me ideas people!
Oh... and have a great day! :)